The aim of this document is to present how to manage existing news from a League manager perspective.
The Media Management System is intended to work in two ways:
- The media are added by the clubs, which can also publish them. During this process, the media will be visible only in the related match and in the respective media archive. Then, the news can be reviewed by the League Manager who can change them and in case can publish them in the various places (Archive, Home Page, Slider)
- Another option is that the League Manager can manage the news from his side, without the intervention of the Clubs.
In this document, we’ll go in deep in the case 1, considering that the case 2 is simply an extension of it.
How to manage News
Login to your WCM -> go to Web Site Admin -> login using your admin credentials.
On the left side, you have the possibility to filter for:
- Type: Pre Match or Match
- Position: considering that the news will be always visible in the news archive section of the respective competition and of the main site, below the positions with the respective meanings
1. To create news, click on the “Insert News” button and then follow the instructions provided in the to manage media.
2. To manage details of an existent article.
You can do it by clicking on Edit ->
-> new pop-up window will appear and you will be able to manage the following details:
- Publish / Unpublish: it could be useful in case you want to hide the news for some reasons
- Manage Tags: tagging the news for something, it will be connected to that entity and so, where this possibility is provided, it will be shown in the web site of this entity. At the moment, the tagging is working for:
- Competitions / Matches: show the news in news archive of the competition and match
- Person: show the news in the web page dedicated to that person (if present)
As to make the work of the users like Clubs easier, the system is sometimes automatically add tags (like for competition or match), you, as a League Manager, can remove the tags or change them ion order to show the news in a different place. E.g. if you want to hide remove the news from a match, you can simply remove the tag for the match.
- Position: It can be changed with the following meanings:
- Archive: the news is visible only in the news archive of the respective competition and the main site. Here the complete history will be shown, ordered by publish date in descending order (the last on top)
- Home Page: visible in the main site home page. Here the system will show all the news having this option selected. Once you will change this setting for a news, we suggest to check the final result, as this is strictly related to the number of actual news to be shown in the home page. You can decide when to remove a news from the main page, and disable that option for it.
- Slider: visible in the home page slider (but not in the list of news below)
- Home + Slider: visible both in slider and list of news
- All positions: no restrictions (at the moment the behavior is the same of the Home + Slider)